Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

Unfortunately Andrew had a clinical at the hospital ALL day long on Valentine's Day, but he was able to come home by dinner time and it ended up being a wonderful evening together! When I was on my way out to my car to head to church that morning I noticed little post it notes stuck to my window and all around inside my car! My sweet husband had written me a poem which lead to the CD he had made me and as soon as I turned on the stereo it immediately began to play. He had put together all the songs with meaning to our relationship... most of which are on our wedding video! It was the cutest thing and reminded me just how sweet and thoughtful my husband is! He also treated me with LOTS of YUMMY chocolate, chocolate covered strawberries, a grapefruit spoon (which i've been wanting for a while since I'm kinda obsessed with grapefruits), and a connecter cord so i can play my ipod through the surround sound on our TV. Isn't he the best?! OH HOW I LOVE HIM!!!! :) When he arrived home (FINALLY!!) I had the table set and ready for a Valentine's dinner together. I usually stick to recipes I know how to cook because trying to cook new things is kinda intimidating to me, but I decided I was going to cook out of the box... I tried something new and it turned out pretty good! I learned it from Rachel Ray.. Her Reuben stuffed chicken along with some buttery sweet potatoes I also learned from a cooking show that were so addicting and delicious! Served with a little Martinelli's and cupcakes for dessert! It was our first Valentine's together as husband and wife and it was very special! I love you Andrew William Lewis!

2 comments:

  1. Jena you are so cute!
    Looks like a lovely v-day!
    hope its okay i took a peek at your blog.


    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had a great Valentine's Day--love your table setting for V-day. Very cute and decorated...I cooked for Braden a special meal for V day, but it wasn't HALF as cute or ornate looking....maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete