Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baby Update 18 weeks

So I had another Dr. Appt. today.... I've gained about 8 lbs, blood pressure is good, and the baby is kicking and healthy! It was a breathe of fresh air to know my baby is ok cause I still haven't felt a thing! So I lay down on the table thing and my Doc measures my stomach and then asks me "Now you only have 1 baby in there right?" I say yes thats what I've been told. So he continues with the probe thing listening to the heartbeat.... listens for a couple minutes and then looks at me with an unsure look and says come with me. So immediately in my head I'm thinking oh shiz does he really think there's twins inside of me?! I was kinda freakin out, but at the same time excited! He leads me to another room with an ultrasound machine... we see the hands, the feet, elbow, arm, head, but only one head.... and thats when Doc assured me welp there is only one baby in there! So nope we are not having twins, but that would have been fun right?! Someday :) ...... Cutest thing though as we were checking out my baby... he/she was sucking on his/her thumb! So so cute! I started giggling a little and got quite giddy and anxious to meet our little one! People ask me all the time if I want a girl or boy.... I want a GIRL! Andrew wants a BOY! We get to find out in 2 weeks, we are SO excited!! :)

3 comments:

  1. girls are so fun, and i have heard the same about boys :) cant wait for you guys to find out what your having!! good luck with everything jena, its such a wonderful experience being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I read this! I want a girl and Anthony wants a boy! haha so funny how that works out! I'm excited to hear what you are having! Isn't it a neat feeling to see your baby for the first time on the ultrasound machine?? It makes it feel more real! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! That would have been fun to have twins, I've always thought it would be scary when they were newborns but fun later on. I can't wait till you find out!

    ReplyDelete