Monday, July 27, 2009

The itsy bitsy spider... not so itsy bitsy anymore!

So back when Andrew and I were first dating I received a phone call from him inviting me to join him on a run to the pet store to purchase some crickets. Now you might wonder why on earth would you want to purchase some crickets... at least thats what I thought! One thing you must know about my dear husband is that he LOVES nature... bugs, spiders, snakes, etc. He spent his childhood days finding bugs and feeding them to spiders and watching them grow, taking care of Max aka his pet snake, and watching many nature videos so that he may learn every detail about nature... bugs, spiders, snakes, etc. Continuing on with my story... I absolutely hate spiders but I gladly accepted the invitation to purchase some crickets and feed some spiders, only because I was absolutely infatuated by Andrew! It was that night I was introduced to spider feeding and I do still to this day hate spiders, but I will admit that feeding them is one of the coolest things! We continued feeding a little crab spider throughout our dating months and suddenly it disappeared during the winter BUT!!! one bright and sunny spring day Mr. crab spider re-appeared. Since then Andrew has been feeding him and he is currently living on the right side of our front door. GROSS I know, but the size of him now is amazing... he's huge!! I must share a video of Andrew feeding Mr. crab spider so you all can see how interesting it is.
This is the size of what Mr. crab spider was when Andrew first started feeding it...
This is the size of the Mr. crab spider now.... eww
This would be Andrew trying to get a praying mantis to eat a miniature grasshopper
What a goober but... I LOVE HIM!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jena. I am so glad I found you on here. Hope you dont mind me adding you to my Blog. Looks like married life is treating you well. I have to agree with you... I hate spiders, but that was pretty cool. Anyway feel free to check in on us. By the way, you two are the cutest things ever, and I adore your new hair do. Looks super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey here is our link skylargodfreyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh myyy gooodnessss.... i have the weeby geebies... i serriously keep getting the shivers, that really is weird. haha.. oh that makes me laugh.. I love andrews "little boy" sigh/laugh near the end.. boys are soo very interesting:) haha. thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was disgustingly awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is sick! But I am so glad to see you guys on blogger! YOu guys are soo cute! Are you going to be in UT for awhile? We should all get together one night for a bonfire or something!

    ReplyDelete